Social Media Specialist
Social Media Specialist
Who we are
Clayton & Crume is a start-up leather goods and lifestyle brand based in Louisville, KY. Founded in a college dorm room in 2012, our company has been built on the values of hard work, quality products, and honest treatment of customers. We pride ourselves on a team that supports one another in our mission to grow into a nationwide brand that is synonymous with quality.
We’re looking for a Social Media Specialist to bring our stories to life and help us engage with our customers and fans. You’ll be responsible for creating weekly social-first content for Clayton & Crume’s social media channels, collaborating with our Marketing + Creative teams (Content Manager, Art Director, Graphic Designers, and Marketing Managers) on social-first content development and creation, and making sure our digital channels reflect our brand.
This is a great opportunity to help craft the image of our brand across multiple channels and assist with developing our digital storefront. It requires strong content creation skills, creativity, and an ability to work collaboratively across teams to bring the Clayton & Crume brand to life.
Where you’ll fit in
The Social Media Specialist supports all of Clayton & Crume’s social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest) in content planning, execution, and everyday platform management. You are responsible for writing social copy, publishing daily content, and collaborating with cross-functional partners to support business goals and drive social initiatives.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Content Creation
- Master the Clayton & Crume voice and produce engaging photo, video, and written content for various social channels.
- Support the creation and execution of weekly social calendars that are innovative and push the envelope of what’s been done on social.
- Work with our Creative team to create content that resonates with our social audience and shares brand/product attributes and benefits in a unique way.
- Lead in-house photo and video shoots for social content.
- Capture social content during live events (some nights and weekends required)
- Relationship Building
- Engage Clayton & Crume’s influencer community in on-brand content creation partnerships.
- Identify and build relationships with new digital influencers, tastemakers, and content creators.
- Social Strategy
- Collaborate with the Content Manager and Marketing Director to develop diverse channel strategy across all active social media platforms (with a focus on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube).
- Analyze and distribute reports on social media performance to internal teams and regularly make recommendations, updates, and improvements based on findings.
What we’ll love about you
- You live and breathe social media with an always-on mentality
- You are a passionate user of digital technologies and possess knowledge of social media best practices
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with a focus on grammar
- Excitement to interact online in real-time with influencers and trending topics
- Your creativity, drive, and desire to learn new things
- Your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication, organizational, and teamwork skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adjust to frequently changing priorities
- Highly self-motivated to go above and beyond standard requirements
- A background in social media management at a brand or agency preferred
What you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, journalism, communication or public relations preferred
- Intuitive sense of best practices and on-brand strategy across social platforms
- Complete fluency in all social channels (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and others)
- Keen understanding of the Clayton & Crume brand, mission and customer
- Social copywriting skills
What you’ll love about us
- We’re an ambitious, driven, fun-loving team that is dedicated to growing a brand we proudly stand behind. We offer the opportunity for you to contribute your talents as a key member of our Creative/Marketing team and look forward to providing you with a platform for sharing your creative voice.
- We provide PTO with additional weeks earned based on service.
- We offer health, dental, and vision insurance, along with a fully vested 401(k) match after one year of service.
- We love sharing our products, so we encourage our team to put our handcrafted leather goods to use. We also offer exclusive friends and family pricing.
- We are a group that prioritizes philanthropy through our involvement in local partnerships and charitable causes.
- We love to celebrate our Kentucky heritage and regularly host events with our partners in the bourbon, tourism, and horse racing industries.
The C&C Interview process
- Submit your resume and any relevant portfolio material to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those chosen for an interview will be contacted directly and offered an opportunity to meet with our team.
Clayton & Crume does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.