Sales and Experience Associate
Sales and Experience Associate
Who we are
Clayton & Crume is a start-up leather goods and lifestyle brand founded in Louisville, KY. Founded in a college dorm room in 2012, our company has been built on the values of hard work, quality products, and honest treatment of customers. We pride ourselves on a team that supports one another in our mission to grow into a nationwide brand that is synonymous with quality.
Having grown our brand through word-of-mouth advertising and in-person sales, we know the importance of connecting with customers and sharing our goods firsthand. Since our inception, Clayton & Crume has prioritized direct to consumer sales channels and activations with like-minded brands. We work closely with many corporate partners, such as Buffalo Trace, Makers Mark, Keeneland, and others in the distillery, horse racing, and golf industries. Elevated partnerships like these offer a mutually beneficial opportunity to extend our brand’s reach both regionally and nationally.
Where you’ll fit in
As a Sales and Experience Associate, you will serve as a brand ambassador for Clayton & Crume at in-person brand activations, direct to consumer shows, and other customer-facing events. This entry level sales position will include considerable travel to small and large scale events in key cities across the country. Frequency of travel requires 40-60% of the year spent on the road.
To be successful, you must be a self-starter, possess strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrate effective sales skills. It is essential to maintain a customer-first attitude, going above and beyond to ensure customer and client satisfaction. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment that values creativity, collaboration, and strong work ethic.
The ability to prioritize projects, multi-task, and stick to deadlines while maintaining a high level of professionalism is essential. You will have an immediate impact on the ways we grow our brand’s reach, while sharpening your sales skills and establishing your role in a quickly growing company.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Regularly travel on-site to new stores, distilleries, golf courses, and other brand partners to meet with potential leads, pitch our products and services, and develop deeper professional relationships and brand partnerships.
- Attend direct to consumer shows (B2C) and trade shows (B2B) throughout the year, especially in peak sales seasons (Q1 and Q4, respectively).
- Execute on-site brand activations, pop-ups, and other events, such as belt making classes.
- Optimize sales by strategically pushing our best-selling products and products positioned for specific markets.
- Engage in meaningful interactions with a focus on retaining and improving customer and client relationships.
- Develop a deep understanding of our product line, specifically our customization and personalization capabilities.
- Actively seek out new strategic clients and partners in key industries, responsive to guidance and direction from the Corporate Sales & Account Manager and Key Account Representatives.
What we’ll love about you
- Your enthusiasm for sharing our brand and products while delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Your self-motivated work ethic and leadership skills
- Your proactive nature and planning skills
- Your strong sales sensibilities
- Your keen understanding of the Clayton & Crume brand, mission, and customer
- Your capacity to manage multiple projects and adjust to frequently changing priorities
- Your reliability, professionalism, punctuality, and business acumen
- Your thorough attention to detail
- Your flexibility and commitment to go above and beyond in your work
What you’ll bring to the table
- Passion for traveling, developing brand partnerships, and fostering professional relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Motivated, self-starter mentality
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- B2C sales experience preferred
What you’ll love about us
- We’re an ambitious, driven, fun-loving team that is dedicated to growing a brand we proudly stand behind. We offer the opportunity for you to contribute your talents as a key member of our sales team and look forward to providing you with a platform for personal and professional growth and a promising career trajectory.
- We provide 3 weeks PTO with additional weeks earned based on service.
- We offer health, dental, and vision insurance, along with a fully vested 401(k) match after one year of service.
- We love sharing our products, so we encourage our team to put our handcrafted leather goods to use. We also offer exclusive friends and family pricing.
- We are a group that prioritizes philanthropy through our involvement in local partnerships and charitable causes.
- We love to celebrate our Kentucky heritage and regularly host events with our partners in the bourbon, tourism, and horse racing industries.
The C&C Interview process
- Submit your resume, 2 professional references, and any relevant portfolio material to email@example.com.
- Those chosen for an in-person interview will be contacted directly and offered an opportunity to meet with our team.
Clayton & Crume does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.