Retail Sales Associate
Retail Sales Associate
Who we are
Clayton & Crume is a leather goods and lifestyle brand based in Louisville, KY. Founded in a college dorm room in 2012, our company has been built upon the values of hard work, quality goods, and honest treatment of customers. We pride ourselves in our team-fueled mission to become a nationwide brand that is synonymous with what is tested and lasting.
Having grown our brand through word-of-mouth advertising and in-person sales, we know the importance of connecting with customers and sharing our goods firsthand. In November of 2019, we launched our flagship retail shop in Louisville to provide a physical representation and home to our brand. We are searching for full-time and part-time Retail Sales Associates to join our Retail Team.
Where you’ll fit in
Clayton & Crume was founded on a desire to put the customer first in everything we do. As a Retail Sales Associate, you will interact directly with customers and serve as an advocate and brand ambassador for Clayton & Crume. It will be your responsibility that every person who comes into our store has an excellent experience and walks away with an appreciation of our brand. There will be opportunities to pick up additional hours in our workshop, and potential overtime opportunities as we approach the busy holiday season. Availability to work evenings and weekends is essential for this position.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Serve as an advocate and brand ambassador for Clayton & Crume.
- Leverage product knowledge to educate and convert curious customers into satisfied buyers.
- Perform routine opening and closing procedures.
- Communicate effectively with the Fulfillment Team and Customer Support Team as necessary to ensure seamless customer experiences.
- Assist with occasional events at our flagship retail store.
What we’ll love about you
- Your warm, outgoing personality that thrives in a team-oriented, customer facing environment
- Your reliability, professionalism and punctuality
- Your thorough attention to detail
- Your motivation to deliver above and beyond for our team and our customers
- Your keen understanding of the Clayton & Crume brand, mission and customer
- Your flexibility and commitment to serve our customers on evenings and weekends
What you’ll bring to the table
- Customer-facing experience in retail sales, a support team or in a related service environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Motivated, self-starter mentality
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
What you’ll love about us
- We’re an ambitious, driven, fun-loving team that is dedicated to growing a brand we proudly stand behind. We offer the opportunity for you to contribute your talents as a key member of our Retail team and look forward to providing you with the opportunity to represent the C&C brand.
- We provide 2 weeks PTO with additional weeks earned based on service.
- We offer health, dental, and vision insurance, along with a fully vested 401(k) match after one year of service.
- We love sharing our products, so we encourage our team to put our handcrafted leather goods to use. We also offer exclusive friends and family pricing.
- We are a group that prioritizes philanthropy through our involvement in local partnerships and charitable causes.
- We love to celebrate our Kentucky heritage and regularly host events with our partners in the bourbon, tourism and horse racing industries.
- This position must be available on weekends. Hours will vary based on business needs. There will be opportunities to pick up additional hours during the busy holiday season.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
- Positions available at our Flagship retail store in Louisville, KY and in Charleston, SC.
Clayton & Crume does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.