Who we are
Clayton & Crume is a leather goods and lifestyle brand based in Louisville, KY. Founded in a college dorm room in 2012, our company has been built upon the values of hard work, quality goods, and honest treatment of customers. We pride ourselves in our team-fueled mission to become a nationwide brand that is synonymous with what is tested and lasting.
Where you’ll fit in
The Cutting Machine Operator has an important role in the production process. You will perform all tasks involved in set up, operation, and maintaining machines that cut or slice leather or other materials. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment that values collaboration, craftsmanship, and strong work ethic. The ability to prioritize projects, multi-task, and maintain organization is essential. You will have an immediate impact on our production capabilities and quality control, while sharpening your skills and establishing your role in a quickly growing company.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Review work orders, specifications, or job samples to determine components, settings, and adjustments for cutting and slicing machines.
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Start machines to verify setups, and make any necessary adjustments.
- Type instructions on computer keyboards, push buttons to activate computer programs, or manually set cutting guides, clamps, and knives.
- Monitor operation of cutting or slicing machines to detect malfunctions or to determine whether supplies need replenishment.
- Remove completed materials or products from cutting or slicing machines, and stack or store them for additional processing.
- Maintain production records, such as quantities, types, and dimensions of materials produced.
- Clean and lubricate cutting machines, conveyors, blades, saws, or knives.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
What you’ll bring to the table
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work within a team
- Strong time management and problem solving skills
- Dedication to maintaining a consistently high level of craftsmanship
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to consistently execute repetitive tasks
- Familiarity with machinery or proof of mechanical aptitude
- Bilingual preferred (English & Spanish)
- This is a full-time position, working 8 hour shifts, Monday through Friday, with a 30 minute break for lunch.
- Overtime will be available during the busy holiday season.
- Submit your resume, 2 professional references, and any relevant portfolio material to email@example.com.
Clayton & Crume does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.