Customer Experience Specialist (Seasonal)
Seasonal Customer Experience Specialist
Who we are
Clayton & Crume is a leather goods and lifestyle brand based in Louisville, KY. Founded in a college dorm room in 2012, our company has been built upon the values of hard work, quality goods and honest treatment of customers. We pride ourselves in our team-fueled mission to become a nationwide brand that is synonymous with what is tested and lasting.
We founded C&C on a simple idea. Like grandpa’s luggage and dad’s time-tested belt, we believe all leather goods should last a lifetime. Having been raised in a world where “genuine leather” goods have failed us countless times, the elegant qualities of a truly high-quality, full-grain leather product captivated us from the get-go.
We show up to work with an agenda of serving our customers well and making products that will live to tell the story of those who invest in them. We believe that the finest handcrafted goods can only come from the highest quality materials, so we source our leather from the oldest and most trusted tanneries in America. This begins the process that ultimately guarantees a lifetime of satisfaction in each and every one of our products.
Where you’ll fit in
Clayton & Crume was founded on a desire to put the customer first in everything we do. Pivotal to maintaining this goal are the people who have a passion for educating, engaging, and delivering exceptional service to customers. As a Customer Experience Specialist, you will work directly with customers to provide thoughtful and personalized solutions to their inquiries. You will be empowered to make the best decision for each situation by thinking creatively and ensuring a truly exceptional customer experience.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Serve as an advocate and brand ambassador for Clayton & Crume.
- Leverage product knowledge to educate and convert curious customers into satisfied buyers.
- Think creatively to shift customer challenges into positive outcomes.
- Engage with customers through multi-level platforms including email, phone, chat, and social channels in order to support and rapidly resolve issues, exceed expectations, and deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- Use technical skills to navigate multiple systems and platforms to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- Communicate effectively with the Fulfillment Team and Retail Team as necessary to ensure seamless customer experiences.
What we’ll love about you
- Your ability to juggle multiple conversations with customers and develop connections to help improve customer experience.
- Your warm, outgoing personality that thrives in a team-oriented, customer facing environment.
- Your reliability, professionalism and punctuality.
- Your thorough attention to detail.
- Your motivation to deliver above and beyond for our team and our customers.
- Your keen understanding of the Clayton & Crume brand, mission, and customer.
- Your flexibility and commitment to serve our customers on weekends and holidays.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Customer-facing experience in retail, a support team or in a related service environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Motivated, self-starter mentality
- Availability to work non-standard hours that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Hourly wage starts at $15 with planned increase to $16 after 1 month of service.
- This position will be full-time starting October 1. Standard hours are 9am-5pm M-F. Opportunity for overtime, weekend, and evening shifts begins on Black Friday (November 25th).
- This position will last until the conclusion of the holiday season in mid-January. Depending on performance, this opportunity could become a permanent role.
Clayton & Crume does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.