Manager, Content Creation + Strategy
Manager, Content Creation + Strategy
Who we are
Clayton & Crume is a start-up leather goods and lifestyle brand based in Louisville, KY. Founded in a college dorm room in 2012, our company has been built on the values of hard work, quality products, and honest treatment of customers. We pride ourselves on a team that supports one another in our mission to grow into a nationwide brand that is synonymous with quality.
The Content Creation + Strategy Manager is responsible for developing, directing, and executing brand-elevating and customer-relevant content/storytelling that drives customer acquisition, retention, engagement, and ultimately elevates the creative content output for Clayton & Crume. You will pioneer the content creation process, bringing an abundance of ideas on brand storytelling, along with our current product lineup and new product releases. The ideal candidate is comfortable identifying interesting stories and selecting/creating content to best tell that story through creative on digital platforms. To be successful, you must be a self-starter, work with cross-functional teams, and proactively ideate new ideas. You will see your ideas through to execution, inspiring all around you with your creativity and innovation.
Where you’ll fit in
This role will be responsible for managing all of our creative output. We’re looking for a consistent stream of content production for all communication channels. You will deliver and distribute content for all communication channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, Twitter, Youtube, email, and website). As the Content Creation + Strategy Manager, you will work within a highly collaborative team spanning across marketing, performance marketing, creative, and digital channels, where you will manage the day-to-day operations throughout the content lifecycle including writing briefs, planning, creative, production, delivery, and debrief. Collaboration with the Marketing and Creative team on original content ideas is essential since you will help craft the image of our brand across multiple channels. You will also be responsible for creating and managing relationships with external creative partners (video and photo production).
What you’ll be responsible for
- Conceptualize and execute forward-thinking performance marketing efforts, campaigns, editorial photoshoots and aspirational social content that drives brand engagement.
- Drive and oversee the detail-oriented production of performance marketing initiatives from start to finish (storyboard, source creative talent, prop/wardrobe hunt, etc.).
- Frequently plan content to ensure evolving visual content and aesthetic across all platforms and mediums.
- Produce pioneering creative content for our Marketing and Wholesale teams including generating excellent imagery for paid digital media, marketing emails, social channels, documentation of special wholesale projects for our corporate partnerships, and other brand collateral.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and Creative Director to guide our creative content strategy as our brand continues to grow and evolve.
- Work with external partners on creative initiatives.
- Present fresh ideas on how to creatively position our current collection of goods through our digital paid media.
What we’ll love about you
- Your enthusiasm for storytelling and developing brand narratives
- Your creative instincts, strong vision and self-starting nature
- Your understanding of social paid media, including Facebook and Instagram
- Your desire for creative community and collaboration
- Your keen understanding of the Clayton & Crume brand, mission and customer
- Your capacity to manage multiple projects and adjust to frequently changing priorities
- Your reliability, professionalism, punctuality, and business acumen
- Your thorough attention to detail
- Your flexibility and commitment to go above and beyond in your work
What you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- 3+ years experience in-house or at an agency preferred
- Fresh, exciting ideas for creative content
- Strong storytelling sensibilities
- Motivated, self-starter mentality
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
What you’ll love about us
- We’re an ambitious, driven, fun-loving team that is dedicated to growing a brand we proudly stand behind. We offer the opportunity for you to contribute your talents as a key member of our Creative/Marketing team and look forward to providing you with a platform for sharing your creative voice.
- We provide 2 weeks PTO with additional weeks earned based on service.
- We offer health, dental, and vision insurance, along with a fully vested 401(k) match after one year of service.
- We love sharing our products, so we encourage our team to put our handcrafted leather goods to use. We also offer exclusive friends and family pricing.
- We are a group that prioritizes philanthropy through our involvement in local partnerships and charitable causes.
- We love to celebrate our Kentucky heritage and regularly host events with our partners in the bourbon, tourism, and horse racing industries.
The C&C Interview process
- Submit your resume, 2 professional references, and any relevant portfolio material to email@example.com.
- Those chosen for an interview will be contacted directly and offered an opportunity to meet with our team.
Clayton & Crume does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.