Digital Graphic Designer
Digital Graphic Designer
Who we are
Clayton & Crume is a start-up leather goods and lifestyle brand based in Louisville, KY. Founded in a college dorm room in 2012, our company has been built on the values of hard work, quality products, and honest treatment of customers. We pride ourselves on a team that supports one another in our mission to grow into a nationwide brand that is synonymous with quality.
Having grown our brand through word-of-mouth advertising and in person sales, we know the importance of connecting with a customer and sharing our goods first-hand. In the increasingly digital economy and eCommerce world, our needs continue to evolve to offer unique experiences for our clients both in-person and online.
The Digital Graphic Designer at Clayton & Crume will both drive, shape, and curate our audience’s digital experience across a variety of platforms (advertising, social media, web). You will work closely with the Creative and Marketing teams to develop compelling brand narratives and deliver effective consumer-facing messaging.
Where you’ll fit in
The Digital Graphic Designer has a key role in storytelling our brand through a multitude of digital media. In this role, you will create aspirational, next-level visual assets for all of Clayton & Crume’s digital channels. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment that values creativity, collaboration, and strong work ethic. The ability to prioritize projects, multi-task, and stick to deadlines while maintaining a high level of professionalism is essential. You will have an immediate impact on our creative content, while sharpening your skills and establishing your role in a quickly growing company.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Execute the visual identity of the Clayton & Crume brand in digital spheres, responsive to the direction of the Creative and Marketing Directors.
- Collaborate with the Creative and Marketing teams to produce high-performing digital, social, and web-based impressions.
- Design web graphics, paid social ads, organic social (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.), SMS graphics, email campaign design, flow email design, and product page design.
- Design and develop customer-facing content for new marketing campaigns, product launches, and seasonal-specific advertising.
- Identify opportunities to develop our brand in the digital sphere.
- Continuously grow your knowledge of best practices within the industry.
What we’ll love about you
- A deep understanding of ecommerce purposed design (composition, typography, visual hierarchy, etc.)
- A keen awareness of media theory and industry trends
- A diverse, multi-faceted creative background
- Innovative, compelling approaches to digital advertising
- An analytical mind with immense attention to detail
- Ability to follow creative direction and respond positively to design critique
- Strong communication, organizational, and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adjust to frequently changing priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills, and a creative yet pragmatic approach to design direction
- Highly self-motivated to go above and beyond standard requirements
What you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in graphic design, fine arts, marketing, or a related field preferred
- 5+ years of graphic design experience; web design experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects)
- Complete fluency in website, print layout, and email template design
- Experience using Facebook Ads Manager and Google Suite
- Keen understanding of the Clayton & Crume brand, mission and customer
- Strong passion and knowledge of marketing trends, brand objectives and design aesthetic
- Competent photography skills preferred
What you’ll love about us
- We’re an ambitious, driven, fun-loving team that is dedicated to growing a brand we proudly stand behind. We offer the opportunity for you to contribute your talents as a key member of our Creative/Marketing team and look forward to providing you with a platform for sharing your creative voice.
- We provide 2 weeks PTO with additional weeks earned based on service.
- We offer a fully vested 401(k) match after one year of service.
- We love sharing our products, so we encourage our team to put our handcrafted leather goods to use. We also offer exclusive friends and family pricing.
- We are a group that prioritizes philanthropy through our involvement in local partnerships and charitable causes.
- We love to celebrate our Kentucky heritage and regularly host events with our partners in the bourbon, tourism, and horse racing industries.
The C&C Interview process
- Submit your resume, 2 professional references, and any relevant portfolio material to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those chosen for an interview will be contacted directly and offered an opportunity to meet with our team.
Clayton & Crume does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.